MACOS 10.15 CATRALINA can't install

21 Oct '19, 04:47 PM
No Forum Badges

Hello. I am new to WR and I am trying to install it on my Mac Book Pro. There seems to be some contradictions in installing it. It calls for a old obsolete Java 6 or 7? The installationNotes.txt states that my Mac has all it needs so I am good to go, but that seems to be untrue for some years now. I am no Java programmer, but it seems odd to me that I have to downgrade or install old versions of a runtime environment to run WR a large professional system for legacy solutions in businesses and industries. And the install notes text seems to be really outddated... Like it is not attended to on a regular basis. 

There must be a better way. 

Please help me get that better solution. Thanks. 

I do have the latest JRE installed: 

java version "11.0.5" 2019-10-15 LTS

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.5+10-LTS)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.5+10-LTS, mixed mode)

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Hero - Level 9

Hi Lars,

as reported in the “System requirements” section of the Release Notes (https://my.webratio.com/learn/learningobject/webratio-72-release-notes-v-72) WebRatio 7 IDE works only with Oracle java 7 but mac OS seems require a legacy version to complete the installation. In this case to run WebRatio 7 on Mac OS Catalina you have to install the suggested Java Legacy version (e.g. java for macOS 2017-001).

Moreover you have to mark as secure the WebRatio app.

Here the steps to run WebRatio 7 on Mac OS

• Install Java Legacy. If you are not able to install them you have to force the installation of Java Legacy for Mac OS Catalina ignoring the incompatibility restrictions imposed by the new version of the operating system. Download Java for OS X 2017-001 https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572. Open AppleScript (/Applications/Utilities/Script Editor.app) and copy-paste this code:

set theDMG to choose file with prompt "Please select javaforosx.dmg:" of type {"dmg"}
    do shell script "hdiutil mount " & quoted form of POSIX path of theDMG
    do shell script "pkgutil --expand /Volumes/Java\\ for\\ macOS\\ 2017-001/JavaForOSX.pkg ~/tmp"
    do shell script "hdiutil unmount /Volumes/Java\\ for\\ macOS\\ 2017-001/"
    do shell script "sed -i '' 's/return false/return true/g' ~/tmp/Distribution"
    do shell script "pkgutil --flatten ~/tmp ~/Desktop/Java.pkg"
    do shell script "rm -rf ~/tmp"
    display dialog "Modified Java.pkg saved on desktop" buttons {"Ok"}

Run the script (⌘+R), select the downloaded .dmg file, wait for the script to finish and install the Java.pkg saved on your desktop.

• Install Oracle Java 7 (you can download it from the Oracle archives)
  • Set the -mv parameter with the path pointing to installed java 7 into the WebRatio.ini file  In this case refer to the answers reported on our forum (info valid also for Mac OS Catalina)

https://www.webratio.com/forum/question-details/launch-webratio-on-mac

https://www.webratio.com/forum/question-details/web-ratio-mobile-plateform-macos-sierra

• Select the WebRatio executable file in the WebRatio.app package, go to the "Security & Privacy" section in the System Preferences and force WebRatio.app to start. For more details on how to consider valid files downloaded outside the App Store, I report you the reference to this official guide https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491.

I hope this will help you

Just make an "alias and run it

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

404 on generated app page Acceder a diferentes site views/ Acces to diferents site views Can't generate and run database or start tomcat server! Change uplod directory and protect anauthorized access to files Database connection, Host and Port number Debug configuration Doanload previous version on webratio Error when updating to WR 7.2.3 Generate and Run button "Generation Error" with Generate and Run Hola, qué sistema operativo me recomiendan instalar para ejecutar WebRatio How to create a new Web Project How to Run the Hello World on WebRatio Mobile Edition How to use GoogleGeocoding Add-on i can't install mobile version on windows I can't install Webratio on my Desktop (Ubuntu 13.04 x64) I can't run any application with WebRatio (Table/View 'APP.POST' does not exist) Installation with java 1.8 Installazione Macosx java virtual machine error Kubuntu Installation Linux 32 installation zip No available activations found No available activations found Problem accessing MySQL with WebRatio 6 Problema generazione codice PROBLEMAS PARA INICIALIZAR WEBRATIO Problem to run an Application Problem Webratio Personal Edition Activation Sincronizar Proyectos en SVN Situs Games Online terbaik idnslot138 dengan games online terbaik di tahun 2024 Tomcat buttons Unable to start WebRation, cannot locate its companion shared library Vista de diferentes Site Views WebRatio activation problem Webratio doesn't recognize left-click WebRatio for Linux? WEBRATIO LINUX AT EXECUTION TIME WebRatio Mobile on Linux using wrong network interface. WebRation on OS X Yosemite WebRatio Personal Free Edition activation problem WebRatio Platform 7.2 Community Cloud Edition WebRatio y Java 1.8 (o superior) where can I download version 7.1.2 personal? Where i can find the old webratio´s versions? Where should I install MAC version? XPCOM Error