WebRation on OS X Yosemite

21 Oct '14, 02:31 PM
No Forum Badges

Since me and my colleague recently updated our operating system to the latest OS X Yosemite, we are both unable to run WebRatio. We have reinstalled the JDK and WebRatio multiple times, but WebRatio keeps complaining about not being able to find the Java runtime. Since WebRatio is a fork of Eclipse and we are both able to run old and new versions of Eclipse, we suspect that WebRatio is simply not compatible with the latest version of OS X. Is this actually the case? Is anyone perhaps aware of a possible solution?

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Starter - Level 3

Hello Georgi, 

You can download Java Update 8 here. 

https://copy.com/figfluITJ0K9ERbz

Best Regards.

Forum Expert - Level 8

Hi Georgi,

WebRatio as you said is Eclipse based, so it can run on OSX Yosemite.
You must pay attention on the WebRatio installer you downloaded. It must be the 64 bit version.
The same consideration applies on the JDK to be used. It must be a 64 bit version.
I recently had the same problem and it was a related to 32 bit VS 64 bit.
So make sure you have WebRatio and Java both 64 bit version.
To check the Java version you have installed, open the terminal and type "java -version".

No Forum Badges

Hi all,

I have the very same problem on OSX Yosemite: even after installing JRE 8 64bit, webratio still warns that "failed to create the Java Virtual Machine". I am sure I have the 64 bit version of webratio too. On the other hand, Eclipse runs normally.

Any clues?

Guido

Forum Expert - Level 5

Hello

Install JDK 7, and restart the WR o delete the folder in Aplications and copy again and click in Webratio.app.

Slds

No Forum Badges

Thanks!

I have uninstalled more recent versions of Java JDKs and using 1.6 everything works fine!

cheers

guido

Forum Expert - Level 6

Hi,

WebRatio 7.x does not support the 1.8 version of the jdk, you have to use jdk 1.7 or earlier releases.

Anyway this does not force you to uninstall jdk v 1.8 as you can just set the JAVA_HOME environment variable in order to use one or the other jdk version.

To know more about you can refer to this resource http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6588390/where-is-java-home-on-osx-yosemite-10-10-mavericks-10-9-mountain-lion-10

Best regards,

Lucio B.

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

404 on generated app page Acceder a diferentes site views/ Acces to diferents site views Can't generate and run database or start tomcat server! Change uplod directory and protect anauthorized access to files Database connection, Host and Port number Debug configuration Doanload previous version on webratio Error when updating to WR 7.2.3 Generate and Run button "Generation Error" with Generate and Run Hola, qué sistema operativo me recomiendan instalar para ejecutar WebRatio How to create a new Web Project How to Run the Hello World on WebRatio Mobile Edition How to use GoogleGeocoding Add-on i can't install mobile version on windows I can't install Webratio on my Desktop (Ubuntu 13.04 x64) I can't run any application with WebRatio (Table/View 'APP.POST' does not exist) Installation with java 1.8 Installazione Macosx java virtual machine error Kubuntu Installation Linux 32 installation zip MACOS 10.15 CATRALINA can't install No available activations found No available activations found Problem accessing MySQL with WebRatio 6 Problema generazione codice PROBLEMAS PARA INICIALIZAR WEBRATIO Problem to run an Application Problem Webratio Personal Edition Activation Sincronizar Proyectos en SVN Situs Games Online terbaik idnslot138 dengan games online terbaik di tahun 2024 Tomcat buttons Unable to start WebRation, cannot locate its companion shared library Vista de diferentes Site Views WebRatio activation problem Webratio doesn't recognize left-click WebRatio for Linux? WEBRATIO LINUX AT EXECUTION TIME WebRatio Mobile on Linux using wrong network interface. WebRatio Personal Free Edition activation problem WebRatio Platform 7.2 Community Cloud Edition WebRatio y Java 1.8 (o superior) where can I download version 7.1.2 personal? Where i can find the old webratio´s versions? Where should I install MAC version? XPCOM Error