Dynamic attribute/field names. Possible?

28 Sep '11, 02:44 PM
Forum Forum Starter - Level 2

Hi, i want to make the same field and/or attribute to change it's label dynamically depending on the data i have. For example if you have the same page for different instances of entities which have similiar attributes and same type of entity/table and you just want to change attribute name depending on entity type. The attributes must be the same not the different ones switching visibility conditions.

Ideally, i want to be able to pass field/attributes names by links. (using page variables, slots or whatever that could work)

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Expert - Level 8

I'm not sure I understood correctly your need. In any case it's not possible to pass labels through links, since they are thought to pass information about the managed data. To answer to your question I made two hypothesis:

• If you have one entity (e.g Activity) and you want to change labels depending on the Activity Type (which should be an attribute of the Activity Entity), then you can write a specific Unit template that manages the behaviour you want.

• If you have different entities and you want to manage them in the same page:

• when you are showing information you must use different units and so each unit will have the correct labels

• when you are managing the information with a Entry Unit you can model the union of the fields and drive the visibility trhough visibility conditions. If the same field should have a different labels, then the solution is the same reported above (to write a Unit template)

If what I wrote does not meet your requirement, please explain your need with an example so that I can help you better.

Forum Starter - Level 2

Hi Denis,

if you insert in grid 3 time sizeBuilt field you can change label for each occurrence. Using visibility condition you can choose witch occurrence show.

Example:

Create Page and Unit

alt text

Add field build size

alt text

Insert it 3 times in grid

alt text

Add a label for each occurence

alt text alt text

alt text

Finally add for each a visibility condition

I hope this helps you

Forum Starter - Level 2

Ok, your 1st and 4th answers are correct. It's possible to write different template for each type and show different field using visibility conditions. But what about, for example index unit or data unit which is inside some content module which i use for different types of entity. Well, the real life example: for example i have RealEstate entity which can be a house or terrain. I need to show labels "Living Size"(or smth. like that) for house and "Constructable size" (for terrain) and,for example, labels "Total size" for house and "Terrain size" for terrain but in data model they must be the same fields (sizeBuilt and sizeFunctional).

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

500 error with WebRatio BPM Ajax and FCK Editor (WebRatio 5.x) Ajax onchange and jQuery 2.x (with migrate plugin) incompatible Ajax on change selection field and modify units Anyone Using WebRatio BPM as a Dashboard in the NOC? Autocomplete template Automatic date in form Automatic file upload [beginner] - How to store and browse data collected with BPM app? Bpmn data object BPMN: URL field BPMN vs. Web Model BPM - Service Task in errore BPM Subprocess BPM Subprocess BPM subprocess loop usage Business object data ckeditor - change directory for the browser Clean a form COLORARE le sequence flow Como crear cambio de contraseña Como tener dos botones juntos en un formulario independientes de una accion? Como usar la función autocomplete en un field Compare with the current time Constants in the BPM model coupled mandatory fields Creación DB Apache Derby - Modelado BPMN Create sub-processes in WebRatio 8.5.2. Cryptic error when submitting a form ¿ Cuál es la diferencia entre Web Ratio y Bizagi? Disabilitare campi durante evento AJAX Drop down menu question Dudas sobre modelado(Data Flow,Forms y Operation Create) Dynamic instantiation of fields on a page for any Class type Empty record mistakenly saved End message event entry form logic. Entry Unit - Default field timestamp Entry Unity, Field Date Type Error Error updating metadata process Field as link soruce Form element Form template From BPM to WebProject - BUILD FAILED Generation options problem Getting the absolute path of a RTXBLOBData Hide form until a flow is triggered Hiding form components based on page conditions Hierarchy component How can i save a diagram as an image file? How I can receive the primary key value after adding into database from OK Port. How to create a new Web Project How to fix Expense report example? How to implement a BPMN Service Task into WebModel How to open a window ajax in a BPM activity? How to redirect to the correct site view after a successful login attempt Import an XPDL 2.2 file into a BPM Project input mask Integrating a BPM model into an existent WebML model Intermediate Catching Timer Event Localize body mail messages in BPM flows Multi Entry Unit: How to forward only checked rows? Multi-Image Upload Multiple forms on one page. HTML5 input attributes. Possible? (2 questions) multi selections field problem Multi Selects didn't work in update page Next Activity Note property - Error synchronizing with web project Prelevare la chiave del record da una Selection Field in una Multiple Form Problema generando la logica de un proyecto problemi con il salvataggio Problem saving multi selection from input Process model import in other languages Progress bar when uploading big file(s) in a form? Pulire URL Question about integrating LinkedIn using BPMN and WebML Redirecting users to another site view Remove default BPM css import for all templates Renamed Gateways still cause Errors Resize fields Search by Selector component does not work selection fields on cascade Select multiple files for upload Sending and Catching message in Webratio BPM Setting Upload directory Showing items that have a relation with an entity Simulation Software Slot in Selection Field Synchronize bpmn to web project Tarea de servicio no me evalua el valor Unable to connect the BAM application to a BPM based Web application Unable to get ExpenseReport example work in WebRation Personl 7.2.2 Unable to update the web project Unspecified BPM Engine Database Update fields based on selection of other fields Updating attributes of an entity upload file and the move it to other location upload file html Uppercase Uso de la componente chart de webRatio Validacion validation fields Value Length (Min) fails to validate when field is empty? WebRation - Create Navigation diagram What are the new features of WebRatio 6.1? which of these three models is closer to webratio/ifml way of creating web applications White report