entry form logic.

15 Jun '12, 02:22 PM
Forum Forum Starter - Level 1

My data model looks something like this. A user registers and his/her relevant info will go into the specialized table in database. The webMl model works fine for entering data in user table but has not been entering in the child table. I should mention userId of user is a FK and PK in jobseeker

In the first entry form in page "Register as Job Seeker" ,entered information is created without any error. The registration information unit in "Registration Successful" page transports the same user id to 2nd information collection form. Its a hidden field and new data instance is not created.

Could it also be the date format causing trouble. I changed the format in database to meet the one entered by the form,but no success.

A few other questions that I have:

1)How is text added? If I simply want to add static information, which unit does the job.

2) How can I include drop down navigation links to the website. I tried the presentation tutorial. It didnt work out well for me,and the project didn't run at all.

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
No Forum Badges

Hey,

Usually when I use ISA relationships, I use the Create unit directly on the child entity, so it also adds data to the main entity.

In your case, that would mean creating just one form to add information directly to the JobSeeker entity (instead of first creating the User, then the JobSeeker).

If you really want to use two forms, then use the same forms but change Create User unit with Create JobSeeker (so the form does add both user and jobseeker, but only populates the user table, and the jobseeker would just have the oid of the user in the database, the other cells being NULL), and the Create JobSeeker unit with Modify JobSeeker (so you modify the empty cells from the jobseeker with the values from the second form).

Cheers

Forum Starter - Level 1

anyone?

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

Agregar boton de cambio de contraseña en el login Ajax and FCK Editor (WebRatio 5.x) Ajax onchange and jQuery 2.x (with migrate plugin) incompatible Ajax on change selection field and modify units Autocomplete template Automatic date in form Automatic file upload BPMN: URL field Changing the login page does not work ckeditor - change directory for the browser Clean a form Como crear cambio de contraseña Como tener dos botones juntos en un formulario independientes de una accion? Como usar la función autocomplete en un field Como utilizar el login para redireccionar a diferentes site views? Compare with the current time coupled mandatory fields Cryptic error when submitting a form Deafult Module default login page Disabilitare campi durante evento AJAX Drop down menu question Dudas sobre modelado(Data Flow,Forms y Operation Create) Dynamic attribute/field names. Possible? Dynamic instantiation of fields on a page for any Class type Empty record mistakenly saved Entry Unit - Default field timestamp Entry Unity, Field Date Type Error Facebook login and personalization Field as link soruce Form element Form template Getting the absolute path of a RTXBLOBData Help for login unit Help with Login Unit Hide form until a flow is triggered Hiding form components based on page conditions Hierarchy component How I can receive the primary key value after adding into database from OK Port. How to Delete a WebRatio Account? How to fix Network error(status 0) How to get all the modules I've created How to redirect to the correct site view after a successful login attempt Image in pdf without knowing the size input mask Inserimento dati in tabella intermedia su relazione N:N Login Error modifying a Log-In unit Multi Entry Unit: How to forward only checked rows? Multi-Image Upload Multiple forms on one page. HTML5 input attributes. Possible? (2 questions) multi selections field problem Multi Selects didn't work in update page No access to protected site view with Login Personalizzazione del login component Prelevare la chiave del record da una Selection Field in una Multiple Form Problem Login Form only if user not logged Problem saving multi selection from input Progress bar when uploading big file(s) in a form? Pulire URL Redirecting users to another site view Redirecting user to his proper site view upon login Resize fields Search by Selector component does not work selection fields on cascade Select multiple files for upload Setting Upload directory Showing items that have a relation with an entity Show login, logout and sign on Site view scope Slot in Selection Field Unable to connect to Internet unable to login to web ratio community edition Update fields based on selection of other fields Updating attributes of an entity upload file and the move it to other location upload file html Uppercase User Login Timestamp Uso de la componente chart de webRatio usuarios y grupos Validacion validation fields Value Length (Min) fails to validate when field is empty? Vista de diferentes Site Views Web project without initial login form - how to create custom logins? WebRation - Create Navigation diagram What are the new features of WebRatio 6.1? which of these three models is closer to webratio/ifml way of creating web applications