How can I add a credit card payment gateway or integrate paypal in my web app logic?

17 Oct '11, 10:30 AM
No Forum Badges

Hi all!

How can I add a credit card payment gateway or integrate paypal in my web app logic? I don't see any related doc in wiki or forum.

Thanks.

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Hero - Level 9

Hi,

if you want to add these features to your project you have to create specific Custom Units. At this time these units are not available but if you can wait, these will probably be added to our WebRatio Store.

Forum Starter - Level 2

I've never used PayPal APIs, but I suppose APIs provided by a leader company like PayPal must work fine.

You may also check other payment services like Google Checkout for example. If you will use this way I subjest you to search the less expensive according you business

On credit card side (if you want to bypass Payment Gateways) I know that usually you must subscribe a bank related service (usually related your bank account) that manage all cradit card.

In this case interaction methods will be defined by bank and may change. I suppose that all banks provide SOAP WebServices because is a standard way to intaract.

Usually (in both cases) if you accept standard form for insert credit card data, instead use WebServices, you can add some html code provided by Payment Gateways or Banks that allow your site to accept payments.

In this case the only thing you have to do is create a style template containing html provided by Payment Gateways or Banks.

This article, for example, explains how to that on PayPal: How to Put an Order Form or Buy Now Button on Your Website Using PayPal

If you want to go deepen you can try to look here for more informations

Finally I subjest you to never save credit cards data otherwise you will have very hard security matters.

Feel free to ask for further doubts.

Forum Starter - Level 2

Hi Ricardo1980,

You don't need Custom Units because PayPal provides Soap API. This means that you can integrate paypal whit standart request response units.

If you need PayPal API documentation look this link: PayPal SOAP API Overview

I hope this helps you

No Forum Badges

Thanks a lot, I didn't know about PayPal SOAP API. Did you use it successfully?

On the other hand, what about credit cards? I guess each one has its own system, maybe with SOAP or maybe I have to create a custom unit, isn't it?

Thanks.

Forum Starter - Level 2

I'm happy and proud to announce that the PayPal unit is available in the WebRatio Store! You can find more information on our Web Site or you can download it directly from WebRatio!

Enjoy!

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

add html Add logging capability to a Groovy script (unit) Add select all to Checkable List Add to Bag link in ACME AJAX events problem to external JavaScript Any way to localize the Tab Grid Template (Webratio Store)? Automatic file upload Ayuda Simple List Component Layout personalizado Button to go on another page Can not get generate and run option for DataService Project Como se usa la componente paypal en web ratio? Componente de pagos paypal Content module page variable won't assign. Convert selector component result to single value Could not open the editor: This copy of WebRatio is not registered Creación DB Apache Derby - Modelado BPMN Criptare dati sensibili nel database CSV Component with utf8 encoding Custom components Custom descriptors Custom Plug-in Custom Time Unit Custom Unit and AJAX / SOAP Custom Unit: Difficult example in Guide ... any suggestions? Data flow from a page which is not visible anymore Dependencies installation error Dynamic link labelling for Custom Unit Encoding Confirm Dialog Examples at WebRatio 7.2 (Acme, BookStore, ...) Examples of WebRatio (Acme) Execute truncate sql query Facebook login and personalization Facebook Unit file analysis then update MySQL database Geolocalizzazione con Twitter Component Get size of Multi Form with Pictures Object Array Getting the absolute path of a RTXBLOBData Google map is not shown properly in the tab grid Google Map Unit Graph Component Problem Groovy and Database Groovy script numer after an error Guardar Saltos de LINEA How can i add html into a page? how can i open a pdf file using download dialog How can I see the administration page of bookstore example on the cloud? How complex can Custom Unit output be? How to calculate dates between start and end point? How to modify the FertileEnviroment Default page How to Retreive data from Multi Selection Field Array How to run the example from Custom Unit Guide? How to scale a image? How to use GoogleGeocoding Add-on Importing JAR Libraries into Script Unit Importing jar library Is there any custom unit store or repository? Do you create/sell custom units? JAR importing java.lang.NullPointerException Merge the result of 2 (or more) flows [MOBILE] Script doesn't work! Modify generated code / inject own HTML, Javascript code into existing generted code. More Custom Unit questions: example of Content and Operation Unit? Need help with Landmark Overlays for Google Map Unit. Personalizzazione del login component Problema Invocation Unit Problems with Custom components: Can't get values from output parameters on ok flow. Problems with the page refresh (Tab Grid) Problem with adding templates "Run Now" on a job scheduled to run later script component Script eseguito alla User Login Script Unit e Mysql ScritpUnit and JSON data Selezione sul giorno "Events Planning" Setting Upload directory Shuffling Script Standard confirm dialog replacement Statistics Component for WebRatio > 7.2.0 Status ProcessInstance and activityInstance in spanish Stored procedure component store problme Target tabs in Tab Grid Control Twitter Unit - Get Geo location of twitt Unable to execute the script java.lang.NullPointerException upload file and the move it to other location Usage of the Gantt Unit ¿Visor de imágenes y reproductor de video para la versión 7.2? Image viewer and video player for version 7.2? Web project without initial login form - how to create custom logins? WebRatio 6.1.2: Groovy Version / Versione Groovy Webratio - Add-ons Webratio Add-ons no permite login Web Ratio Add-ons shop not working Webratio don't recognize JSON library Web Ratio Mobile plateform Macos Sierra WebRation Store connection problem WebRatio Platform 7.2 Community Cloud Edition When stars web ratio between dofollow and nofollow backlink has affected? Where can i find ifml sample with webratio? Where is the ACME demo data stored?! which of these three models is closer to webratio/ifml way of creating web applications