"Run Now" on a job scheduled to run later

26 Aug '14, 04:44 PM
No Forum Badges

Hi guys, 
has someone an idea how to create a feature "Run Now" on a job scheduled to run later (i.e: Once a week on Monday) ? 

The "Schedule job component" needs to know which job to schedule in advance when we are modeling while, as for the "Cancel job component", we should use identifier and parameters obtained from the Quartz tables.

Have we to mandatorily create a custom unit?

Thanks

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Starter - Level 3

Hi Massimo, 

you can use a Schedule Job Component with the "Schedule Policy" property set to "Now" and bind it to your triggered job.

For example let's suppose that in your Service View you have a Job having a trigger with "Schedule Policy" = "Once a Week".

if you want to schedule it Now , in your Site View you can model an operation chain, containing a Schedule Job Component having "Schedule Policy" = "Now".

In this way, the job will run every week according to the trigger and it will be also run every time the Schedule Job Component in the Site View is activated via the execution flow of the operations chain.

No Forum Badges

Hi Antonella,

thank you for your reply.

What you are saying is clear, but scheduled job are records in the table Quartz_cron_triggers presented as List Component in the WR project: for every record in the List I've got one link to get info on the job and another link to delete it.

What I need is another link "Run now" to dinamically pass the "job instance identifier" to a Schedule Job Component, similar to what I do to delete a job passing the "job instance identifier" to a Cancel Job Component.

Since the Schedule Job Component does not accept the job to be scheduled as an input parameter but is only static in the descriptor, I was wondering if there was a possible solution.

Thanks

Massimo

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

Ayuda Simple List Component Layout personalizado Button to go on another page Check the status of WebRatio jobs Criptare dati sensibili nel database CSV Component with utf8 encoding Custom components Custom descriptors Custom Plug-in Custom Time Unit Custom Unit and AJAX / SOAP Custom Unit: Difficult example in Guide ... any suggestions? Data flow from a page which is not visible anymore Dynamic link labelling for Custom Unit Encoding Confirm Dialog file analysis then update MySQL database Google Map Unit Guardar Saltos de LINEA How can I add a credit card payment gateway or integrate paypal in my web app logic? how can i open a pdf file using download dialog How complex can Custom Unit output be? How to run the example from Custom Unit Guide? Is there any custom unit store or repository? Do you create/sell custom units? java.lang.NullPointerException Job not start correctly More Custom Unit questions: example of Content and Operation Unit? Need help with Landmark Overlays for Google Map Unit. Personalizzazione del login component Problema Invocation Unit Problems with Custom components: Can't get values from output parameters on ok flow. Retrieve a value and add some value to it Schedule a Job when adding a record to the database Selezione sul giorno "Events Planning" Start Job when WebApp starts Status ProcessInstance and activityInstance in spanish Stored procedure component Twitter Unit - Get Geo location of twitt Usage of the Gantt Unit Utilizzo di quartz su jboss ¿Visor de imágenes y reproductor de video para la versión 7.2? Image viewer and video player for version 7.2? Web project without initial login form - how to create custom logins? Webratio Add-ons no permite login Webratio don't recognize JSON library WebRatio Platform 7.2 Community Cloud Edition