Create Unit with Date (Year only)

17 Jan '12, 06:48 PM
No Forum Badges

Hello there,

I'm trying to use a create unit with YEAR datatype from MySQL, however I can only choose DATE as the type of the field.

I tried to use a "Validation Rule" with a format of YYYY, however when I use the form to enter data, it appears the message: "the entered value should have the format M/d/yy"

Also, when using DATE as the type of the field, a calendar of day/month/year appears.

Bottom line: I want to use a create unit with a year field only. Is that possible?

Thank you!

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Hero - Level 9

Hi,

at this moment the YEAR datatype from MySQL is not supported. However if you want to menage the years I suggest you to follow these alternatives:

• Define the year Attribute as integer.
  • Or define a subtype ""year"" of Date type and set the yyyy as pattern.

Moreover if you consider the second alternative you can use the Calendar input and add the required validation Rule (i.e. a Regular Expression with (19|20) as value of the Expresssion Property).

In order to define subtypes you can refer to the steps described in the answer of this post: Format currency

Here you can find more details about the Validation Rules: The Validation Rule Framework

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

Acceder a diferentes site views/ Acces to diferents site views Add to Bag link in ACME any webratio book ? Asking For a Book Attribute comparison in a selector unit Clarification about the NoOperation unit Codigo QR Como hacer un menu en webratio? Conditional Expression "greater than 0" on null fields Connect more query unit Content module page variable won't assign. coupled mandatory fields Custom Attributes Condition Database Database List is not showing up in App Emulator Data is always created doubled Data Management: Updating Data - Attachments - Updating Data Sample Project Final Description: Unknown tag 'wr:LinkResource' Dudas sobre modelado(Data Flow,Forms y Operation Create) Empty record mistakenly saved en_US codify problem Export XML external link.= Filter information in a Simple List Format currency forward/backward navigation and bookmark in ajax web app "Generation Error" with Generate and Run Generation options problem get the attachment files of an email Get Unit problem Get Year from Date Help for connect public and private site views How can i create pagemenu or landmarkmenu with multiple levels. How does WebRatio represent these IFML elements? / ¿Cómo representa WebRatio estos elementos IFML? How i can reuse modules in multiple projects? How to define the sequence of execution units on a page? How to display the attributes of a related entity. How to filter imported attributes? How to include Selector Unit result in Mail Unit Body? How to pass vars to a alternative page How to process IFML Model (build with Eclipse editor) with ATL How to show a page based on a boolean? How to speed up the "last" link using PowerIndexUnit for lots of records How to store data related to an entity in relationships in a project web Insert data into database Insert master page to many hybrid modules Integrating a BPM model into an existent WebML model JSON I/O Unit e informazioni derivate KO Links in Selector Unit Landmark in hybrid module Link localization Links from Index unit with condition Link Visibility Condition Power Index Unit Mail multipla maintain the record order in a sortable list Math Unit to update attributes of an entity? [MOBILE] How I extract information from JSON client side? Modifica Entità tramite file xml Multi Entry Unit: How to forward only checked rows? multi-lingual product description Non riesco a fare funzionare Xml out unit Parametrizzazione Selector Unit Problem Example create Unit (no company in employee table) Problem in adding diagrams in IFML Editor (Eclipse) Problem with query unit! Problem with Scroller Unit query a database Question about Site Views Rename passing attributes Replace ID by its value in another table Search by Selector component does not work Select between parameters Selector unit doesn't return any value in hybrid module Sending mails is not working Sending mails with gmail is not working Setting the Default link for a Switch unit show/hide fields on button click (registration page) [solved] all links transparent, why ? Something leads to wrong condition expression evaluation. sumar atributos de una tabla filtrado por Role Condition Sum entity's values Transportation Link issue Unique Fields using relationship role conditional with null usuarios y grupos utilizzo componenti database Visibility Condition on Multiple Links From Index Unit WebRation - Create Navigation diagram