BPMN vs. Web Model

23 Feb '15, 02:26 PM
No Forum Badges

Hello,

I'm still trying to learn the Webratio tool and so far I've focused on the web projects. The other day I tried the Vacation request tutorial on the BPMN side and I was amazed at how fast one can produce a working application. My question are,

1. Does it mean you either model in BPMN or WebML?

2. Can one produce a complex app using BPMN only e.g. A banking/assets leasing app?

3. Are there other tutorials on using Webratio's BPMN side other than the Vacation request tutorial?

Thanks and kind regards,

Aestimo.

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Starter - Level 3

Hi Aestimo, 

you can find more information and training example on WebRatio Learn site section (learn.webratio.com).

Please refer to the following articles in order to learn more about BPM in WebRatio:

• https://www.webratio.com/learn/learningobject/webratio-projects
  • https://www.webratio.com/learn/learningobject/getting-started-with-bpm-v-60
  • https://www.webratio.com/learn/learningobject/how-to-quickly-synchronize-bpm-to-web-project-v-60

... and so on

Moreover, you can download the BPMN sample projects from WebRatio Add-ons (i.e. Expense Report, Vacation Request, Travel Order, Computer Repair).
If you want to know more about how to download resources from Webratio Add-ons, please refer to the following article:

• https://www.webratio.com/learn/learningobject/webratio-store-user-guide

Kind Regards

No Forum Badges

Hi Antonella,

Thanks. But kindly tell me, can one do a complex app like a core banking app using BPM modelling?

Regards,

Aestimo.

No Forum Badges

Hi Aestimo, you can model some business process with the bpm and others with the ifml. I suggest you for example to use bpm for the approval process of a loan, instead IFML for a withdrawal. In few words if you have a formal process with different stakeholders involved than BPM is a good choice. the last thought the bpm is useful especially for the business analysis with the customer, also WebRatio allow you with some clicks to show a real prototype. Regards Renato

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

500 error with WebRatio BPM Anyone Using WebRatio BPM as a Dashboard in the NOC? [beginner] - How to store and browse data collected with BPM app? Bpmn data object BPMN: URL field BPM - Service Task in errore BPM Subprocess BPM Subprocess BPM subprocess loop usage Business object data COLORARE le sequence flow Constants in the BPM model Creación DB Apache Derby - Modelado BPMN Create sub-processes in WebRatio 8.5.2. ¿ Cuál es la diferencia entre Web Ratio y Bizagi? Dynamic attribute/field names. Possible? End message event Error updating metadata process From BPM to WebProject - BUILD FAILED Generation options problem Google Map Component in WebRatio How can i save a diagram as an image file? How to accelerate the generation process? How to create a new Web Project How to fix Expense report example? How to implement a BPMN Service Task into WebModel How to open a window ajax in a BPM activity? Import an XPDL 2.2 file into a BPM Project Integrating a BPM model into an existent WebML model Intermediate Catching Timer Event Localize body mail messages in BPM flows Next Activity Note property - Error synchronizing with web project Problema generando la logica de un proyecto problemi con il salvataggio Process model import in other languages Question about integrating LinkedIn using BPMN and WebML Remove default BPM css import for all templates Renamed Gateways still cause Errors Resize fields Sending and Catching message in Webratio BPM Simulation Software Sincronizar Proyectos en SVN Synchronize bpmn to web project Tarea de servicio no me evalua el valor Unable to connect the BAM application to a BPM based Web application Unable to get ExpenseReport example work in WebRation Personl 7.2.2 Unable to update the web project Unspecified BPM Engine Database Uso de la componente chart de webRatio WebRatio Editions changed? (where's standard edition?) White report