Data flow from a page which is not visible anymore

17 Oct '14, 03:21 PM
No Forum Badges

Hi,

I have an application with several pages. On one page (call it page A), I have a list of items and a button next to each item to show items related to this item. This leads to a new page (page B).

Now, on page B I have a navigation flow to an action and a data flow from page A to this action. Page A is at this point not visible and it seems that the data does not flow correctly from page A to the action. Is this because page A is not visible anymore and what could be a solution for this?

Thanks!

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Expert - Level 6

Hi Martijn,

that could not be done using a Data Flow, since a Data Flow that starts from a component inside a Page can only propagate data to other components of the same Page or to an Action outside the page. 

In your case the Data Flow starts from page A and goes to Action C, but Action C can only be reached from page B.

As solution, I suggest you to keep the data you want to pass to the Action C also on page B. Or in alternative you can model everything inside one page and access the Action from this page.

Regards,

Lucio

No Forum Badges

Hi,

I solved it by passing the needed parameter to the other page. From that page, I passed the parameter to the action. Thanks for the answer anyway.

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

Access Denied when I try to download Webratio Platform from Student Access Denied when I try to download Webratio Platform from Student Area add html Add logging capability to a Groovy script (unit) Add select all to Checkable List AJAX events problem to external JavaScript API documentation? Automatic file upload Ayuda Simple List Component Layout personalizado Browser integration in enterprise project Build Project. Only files for compilation .class Button to go on another page Can not get generate and run option for DataService Project Cannot insert an entity in the database Cannot invoke method selectSingleNode() on null object Can't generate and run database or start tomcat server! Can't run any aplication ckeditor - change directory for the browser Compare with the current time Component computation com.webratio.struts.exceptions.WRSecurityException: Invalid request target host Content module page variable won't assign. Convert selector component result to single value Criptare dati sensibili nel database CSV Component with utf8 encoding Custom components Custom descriptors Custom Plug-in Custom Time Unit Custom Unit and AJAX / SOAP Custom Unit: Difficult example in Guide ... any suggestions? Debug configuration Dependencies installation error Deploy de proyecto en HTTPS Dynamic link labelling for Custom Unit Encoding Confirm Dialog error activating student account Estado HTTP 404 - No está disponible el Servlet action Execute truncate sql query file analysis then update MySQL database "Generation Error" with Generate and Run Get size of Multi Form with Pictures Object Array Getting the absolute path of a RTXBLOBData Google Map Unit Groovy and Database Groovy script numer after an error Guardar Saltos de LINEA help for web project Hide a form if condition if true Hide form until a flow is triggered Hiding landmarks (or flows) when the user is logged in How can I add a credit card payment gateway or integrate paypal in my web app logic? How can i add html into a page? how can i open a pdf file using download dialog How complex can Custom Unit output be? How to calculate dates between start and end point? How to Retreive data from Multi Selection Field Array How to run the example from Custom Unit Guide? How to show certain values derived from relations in the domain model? How to use GoogleGeocoding Add-on Importing JAR Libraries into Script Unit Importing jar library Installation On MacOS Is there any custom unit store or repository? Do you create/sell custom units? JAR importing java.lang.NullPointerException Login Error Logs in page Merge the result of 2 (or more) flows Missing plugin emulation support error [MOBILE] Script doesn't work! Modify generated code / inject own HTML, Javascript code into existing generted code. More Custom Unit questions: example of Content and Operation Unit? Need help with Landmark No cloud accounts available Overlays for Google Map Unit. Personalizzazione del login component Primefaces Problema al generar y ejecutar proyecto problema con la apertura del navegador Problema Invocation Unit problemi installazione su Mac sistema operativo OSX El Capitan Problems with Custom components: Can't get values from output parameters on ok flow. Problem with application runnung Regla de negocio para que no permita repetirse un campo Relaciones Retrieve a value and add some value to it "Run Now" on a job scheduled to run later Schedule a Job when adding a record to the database script component Script eseguito alla User Login Script Unit e Mysql ScritpUnit and JSON data Selezione sul giorno "Events Planning" Setting Upload directory Showing items that have a relation with an entity Shuffling Script Simulation Software Situs Games Online terbaik idnslot138 dengan games online terbaik di tahun 2024 Standard confirm dialog replacement Status ProcessInstance and activityInstance in spanish Stored procedure component Student reserved area, download error Sync DataService Project with Mobile Project Twitter Unit - Get Geo location of twitt Unable to download WebRatio from Student Area Unable to execute the script java.lang.NullPointerException Unable to find Cloud free function Unable to start WebRation, cannot locate its companion shared library Unable to use Visual Debug Unknow property on Dynaclass after generation Updating attributes of an entity upload file and the move it to other location Usage of the Gantt Unit ¿Visor de imágenes y reproductor de video para la versión 7.2? Image viewer and video player for version 7.2? Vista de diferentes Site Views Web project without initial login form - how to create custom logins? WebRatio 6.1.2: Groovy Version / Versione Groovy WebRatio activation problem Webratio Add-ons no permite login WebRatio Browser Integration (Mozilla) Not Supported Webratio don't recognize JSON library WebRatio freezes at project load (Linux) WebRatio Mobile on Linux using wrong network interface. Web Ratio Mobile plateform Macos Sierra WebRatio Platform 7.2 Community Cloud Edition WebRatio y Java 1.8 (o superior) which of these three models is closer to webratio/ifml way of creating web applications XPCOM Error