Ajax link success callback?

17 Dec '13, 01:14 PM
Forum Forum Starter - Level 2

Hi,

When i model(ifml) a link i can set it as ajax link. There's an option to put 'On Failure Callback' but how do i capture success ajax call?

I'd like to have a callback when the ajax response has been recieved and new/refreshed dom tree has been constructed. I tried to put document ready ($(function(){<things_i_want_to_to>});) within the html returned by ajax request inside a Message component but such way it must be rendered after all other units returned by ajax which is difficult to control sometimes and also increases traffic.

Thanks.

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Expert - Level 5

Hi,

Webratio by default show a alert when ajax request failed.

Ajax funcionality of webratio use jquery. You can use Ajax events of JQuery.

See it on http://api.jquery.com/Ajax_Events/

In your style create a page, with code like this:

<script text="javascript/text">
$.ajax({
   ajaxError : function(){
     // Handle the beforeSend event
   },
 });
</script>

Forum Starter - Level 2

Hi,

Ok, i don't care much about failed request, i need success callback, and how do i access jQuery ajax when i have a link from the Form component set as ajax link in properties of that link? Or how do i call that link using jQuery if the generated code of the link is something like this:

<input title="Link title" onclick="return ajaxRequest('page1FormBean', $H({isForm: true, pressedLink: 'button:ln1', selectiveRefresh: true, sourcePage: 'page1'})) " class=" button"  id="button:ln1" name="button:ln1" type="submit" value="Submit">

Is there also a source code of wr.js available? (i only found minimized/obfuscated version).

Answer at this question and get points!