Content module page variable won't assign.

29 Sep '11, 12:26 PM
Forum Forum Starter - Level 2

I have a content module with input parameter and inside the module i've created variable and condition expression. So whatever i do the variable is always null. It just never gets assigned. This works fine only with normal pages and maybe hybrid modules but never with content module, so i can't control visiblilty of some elements inside the content module.

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Starter - Level 2

Quick temporary workaround: create such script unit inside content module:

#input String key return key

Assign this script unit to the page variable and it's Result to parameter and pass desired value to this script unit from input collector or any other unit.

Forum Starter - Level 2

Just happened the same with entry unit field. There's content module which has selector unit inside and another contend module. So to the inner content module only boolean values are passed fine to the entry unit's fields but not float or integer. I've found the similiar solution working: right after selector unit putting a script unit and pass values through it and then to inner content module but my entity has about 50 attributes, so should i write 50 in/outs in script unit? :(

EDIT: this problem doesn't happen when adding input collector parameters manually (not by wizard)

EDIT2: not really sure. Now it's happened with making input collector manually. I think it usually happens when input collector has more then one outgoing links (to several entry units, etc.). This solution seems to work: passing all the values through one noop unit next to input collector.

Answer at this question and get points!

Related questions

Acceder a diferentes site views/ Acces to diferents site views add html Add logging capability to a Groovy script (unit) Add select all to Checkable List Add to Bag link in ACME AJAX events problem to external JavaScript any webratio book ? Asking For a Book Attribute comparison in a selector unit Automatic file upload Clarification about the NoOperation unit Codigo QR Como hacer un menu en webratio? Conditional Expression "greater than 0" on null fields Connect more query unit Convert selector component result to single value coupled mandatory fields Create Unit with Date (Year only) Criptare dati sensibili nel database Custom Attributes Condition Database Database List is not showing up in App Emulator Data flow from a page which is not visible anymore Data is always created doubled Data Management: Updating Data - Attachments - Updating Data Sample Project Final Description: Unknown tag 'wr:LinkResource' Dudas sobre modelado(Data Flow,Forms y Operation Create) Empty record mistakenly saved en_US codify problem Execute truncate sql query Export XML external link.= file analysis then update MySQL database Filter information in a Simple List Format currency forward/backward navigation and bookmark in ajax web app "Generation Error" with Generate and Run Generation options problem Get size of Multi Form with Pictures Object Array get the attachment files of an email Getting the absolute path of a RTXBLOBData Get Unit problem Get Year from Date Groovy and Database Groovy script numer after an error Help for connect public and private site views How can I add a credit card payment gateway or integrate paypal in my web app logic? How can i add html into a page? How can i create pagemenu or landmarkmenu with multiple levels. how can i open a pdf file using download dialog How does WebRatio represent these IFML elements? / ¿Cómo representa WebRatio estos elementos IFML? How i can reuse modules in multiple projects? How to calculate dates between start and end point? How to define the sequence of execution units on a page? How to display the attributes of a related entity. How to filter imported attributes? How to include Selector Unit result in Mail Unit Body? How to pass vars to a alternative page How to process IFML Model (build with Eclipse editor) with ATL How to Retreive data from Multi Selection Field Array How to show a page based on a boolean? How to speed up the "last" link using PowerIndexUnit for lots of records How to store data related to an entity in relationships in a project web Importing JAR Libraries into Script Unit Importing jar library Insert data into database Insert master page to many hybrid modules Integrating a BPM model into an existent WebML model JAR importing JSON I/O Unit e informazioni derivate KO Links in Selector Unit Landmark in hybrid module Link localization Links from Index unit with condition Link Visibility Condition Power Index Unit Mail multipla maintain the record order in a sortable list Math Unit to update attributes of an entity? Merge the result of 2 (or more) flows [MOBILE] How I extract information from JSON client side? [MOBILE] Script doesn't work! Modifica Entità tramite file xml Modify generated code / inject own HTML, Javascript code into existing generted code. Multi Entry Unit: How to forward only checked rows? multi-lingual product description Non riesco a fare funzionare Xml out unit Parametrizzazione Selector Unit Problem Example create Unit (no company in employee table) Problem in adding diagrams in IFML Editor (Eclipse) Problem with query unit! Problem with Scroller Unit query a database Question about Site Views Rename passing attributes Replace ID by its value in another table script component Script eseguito alla User Login Script Unit e Mysql ScritpUnit and JSON data Search by Selector component does not work Select between parameters Selector unit doesn't return any value in hybrid module Sending mails is not working Sending mails with gmail is not working Setting the Default link for a Switch unit Setting Upload directory show/hide fields on button click (registration page) Shuffling Script [solved] all links transparent, why ? Something leads to wrong condition expression evaluation. Standard confirm dialog replacement sumar atributos de una tabla filtrado por Role Condition Sum entity's values Transportation Link issue Unable to execute the script java.lang.NullPointerException Unique Fields upload file and the move it to other location using relationship role conditional with null usuarios y grupos utilizzo componenti database Visibility Condition on Multiple Links From Index Unit WebRatio 6.1.2: Groovy Version / Versione Groovy WebRation - Create Navigation diagram