Continuous Integration with Jenkins and maven

22 Oct '13, 07:06 PM
No Forum Badges

The way I expect to work with WebRatio is:

1. The model is updated by all the developers in the SCM server (SVN, GIT or whatever).
  2. An automatic task running in the integration server, checkouts the model from the SCM server every day, launching the Java code generation from the model.
  3. Once the code is automatically generated by WebRatio a task launch the dependency retrieval, compilation and .war file generation.

If the compilation success, the deployment in the integration server can be automated easily, and the system is ready for launching automatic tests or make the application available for manual testing.

My perfect scenario is using a cloudbees.com account for this, so steps 2 and 3 are done in the cloud (I do not want to buy a server just for integration)

How can I accomplish this in WebRatio?. I haven't found any commandline tool to configure Jenkins, neither maven support that could be the other option. All I can do is generating the .war file using a Deploy Configuration and upload it by hand from the IDE to the CloudBees.com server. It works, and is useful for doing this thing from time to time, but I think that is not the way, right?.

My question is: Is there any plan to include a command line facility to launch the automatic code generation and compilation from Jenkins or other Continuous Integration tool?

I know that with WebRatio the source code is not as important as with traditional software development processes: the key is the model. But we still need the continuous integration for "merging the parts": graphics designers, template developers, model developers... all are expected to work at same time, Right?.

P.D.: Sorry for so long text.

Thx.

Follow
Answer Answer at this question and get points!
Forum Hero - Level 9

Hi,

a deployment plan can be automated and invoked from the command line via an Ant script, as indicated by documentation "Deploying from the Command Line" (Help -> WebRatio Product Documentation -> Web Modeling User Guide -> Tasks -> Deploying From CommandLine).

An Ant script can be called quite easily by Jenkins, Maven or any other continuous build system.

No Forum Badges

Hi there,

also I am interested in such topic. Any news?

Regards

No Forum Badges

Hi there, 

I am interested to.

Forum Starter - Level 2

Hi,

I tested the ant script in windows and linux and works correctly,

but the script in a linux server running in text mode does not work :( 

the visual environment must be running.

This could be a problem.

Answer at this question and get points!